SECOND Thursday, January 9, 2014
New Year's Hangover Soirée
Think of it as
The Late Now Unplugged
An intimate, low-key, anti-headache evening
for post-holiday cheer recovery
Food & Drink
Live Music • Interviews
pay what you can
Recover from the holiday gauntlet with an easygoing, anti-headache edition of The Late Now. No flashing lights. No airhorns. All the hair of the dog you need. Antacid on the house.
★ Featuring ★
Leo Daedalus Interviews the Audience
Great stories are everywhere for the ferreting.
Three For Silver
play it nice, easy & acoustic
DangerKitchen mellows out
- VENUE: Din Din Supper Club
Franz Bakery District at 920 NE Glisan, PDX
- SHOWTIME: 8:00 PM
Venue open and serving all day.
- COVER: Pay What You Can at the door
- Festival seating at any price.
- Small venue: early arrival suggested.
THE ANTI-HANGOVER LINEUP
★ The Audience ★
Your host Leo D once saw Spalding Gray interview the audience. He was so impressed he decided he'd do it himself someday. On January 9, see what surprises await in these open, unprepared conversations.
★ Three For Silver ★
Beloved TLN house band Three For Silver play it cool to soothe your throbbing head. No mosh pit.
★ SafetyKitchen! ★
Din Din danger-chefs Chris Bailey & Riley Henderson mellow out with another tasty culinary demonstration. Only this time, nobody gets hurt!
★ Dennis Nyback ★
Legendary film archivist Dennis Nyback will talk to us about his new musical play, The Past Is Calling (featuring Leo Daedalus). Dennis and Three For Silver will preview a couple of jazz-age neoclassics by Buck Evans.
Deliciously live at Din Din
Can't afford tickets? We're artists; we get it. Come anyway:
• VOLUNTEER: We always need more hands (and brains). To repeat, we would love your help. Just get in touch.
• LIVE DANGEROUSLY: Come pay what you can 10 minutes before showtime. To even the odds, like our Facebook page and check it to see if we've sold out. (We'll try to keep that status accurate, but we can't possibly guarantee it.)